1. Oil mist is removed at source
2. Oil mist is removed from the air by centrifugal impaction
3. Clean oil is returned to machine
4. Clean air is returned to workplace
5. Smoke and fume can be removed and efficiency increased with the addition of a clip-on afterfilter
A perforated drum with specially designed vanes rotates at high speed. Oil mist is drawn into the unit and impacts on its vanes at high velocity. Special drum pads assist the coalescing process and filter out stray solid particles.
Centrifugal force pushes oil to the unit’s outer case where it drains back to the machine for re-use or collection and clean air is returned to the workshop through the top of the unit.